Virtual Elementary School (VES) has a team of highly talented teachers who work as independent contractors. Teaching roles at VES are flexible and can fit into any schedule. Teachers work with VES to set appropriate course enrolment numbers and can decide when and how they log in to the Learning Management System each day. The role of the teacher is to provide exceptional student support and assist students in meeting their educational goals with the support of the VES administrative team.
Why teach with VES?
- Experience flexibility in determining where and when to work
- Support students from around the world in receiving a high-quality education
- Develop skills in teaching online and learning management systems
- Gain experience teaching subjects or divisions that may not be available in your current day school
- Supplement income while teaching in a physical classroom
Virtual Elementary School is always accepting applications from qualified teachers. When a position becomes available, we review the candidates in our teacher candidate pool and reach out to any potential candidates.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- A Bachelor of Education degree
- A membership with the Ontario College of Teachers or equivalent
- Qualifications in the appropriate division for which they are applying
- Exceptional written communication skills
- The ability to work well independently to complete tasks
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Experience teaching in the classroom and online
- 3-5 years of experience in education
- Experience in curriculum development and/or program planning
- Familiarity with Growing Success (2010)
- Demonstrated experience with online learning management systems
As independent contractors, teachers determine their place of work. The successful candidates will work from home to complete all necessary tasks.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Careers@VirtualElementarySchool.com. Our Human Resources team will contact you with a short questionnaire and further information about teaching with VES.